Film Air X FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions Archive, Stock footage & Copyright
- What are your licensing terms? Our license is good for all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. The license is good for the life of your project.
- I need to purchase a clip right now, when are you open?Our online store is open 24/7, all year round. Purchases can be made at anytime. Our staff is available 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri GMT (LONDON) except on UK Holidays.Where are the prices of your footage?Our flat-rate pricing for each clip can be found on each clip's individual page.
- In which format can I purchase my clips?We provide ProResHQ, Alexa ProRes 4444 Log C, 4K, 5K and Red Raw (R3D). There are some limits to these choices, however, depending on the original format of the footage during filming. If you find a clip that you would like to purchase, but the format that you need is not listed, please contact us and we’ll try to create the clip in that format for you.
- How long until my download link expires?The download link is good for 1 week or for 5 downloads, whichever comes first.
- My download link is not working!Our apologies for the issue. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that our support staff can get to it right away. Most instances, this only takes a few minutes to correct.
- What if I end up not using the clip I purchased?Since our footage is delivered digitally, all sales are final and there are no refunds.
- Can I see what I clip looks like in my project before I purchase it?Absolutely! Just go to the clip’s page and click “download”, which is located on the right hand side of the page. Then select a preview option from the drop-down menu and click on it to download. Then see how the clip looks in your project! The preview file will have our watermark on it. Purchase is required for a clip without a watermark.
- I purchased a 1080 clip, but now I need the raw (4k/5k) version of it. Can I upgrade?Yes. Please contact and a representative will help you. You will only be charged the difference between the two formats.
- Why does the raw file look different than what's on the site?The raw file is exactly that, raw. It's untreated and in it's purest form and is not color corrected, re-framed and stabilized.
*Some stabilization may have been necessary to correct for the 1080 version of the clip.
- Why is there no purchase option for the clip I want?We are constantly updating our servers with new footage. Chances are, the clip you want will be available shortly. However, if you’re at the 11th hour of a production deadline and need it sooner, please contact email@example.com or call and we’ll get that clip uploaded for you.
- Can I test out footage before I purchase?Yes, just go the clip's page and click "download". Select from the options and download your format of choice. The download test files will have a watermark on them.
- Can I use the footage on all my projects? Is the footage Royalty Free?No, our footage is rights managed and licensed on a per project basis. This means you can only use it on one project, per purchase. It doesn't matter how big or small the project is, you still get the same reasonable pricing. You are not allowed to give or sell the footage to others. This would violate the contract you've agreed to and you may become liable.
- How can I use your license?We like to keep things simple. We offer a one-time use per project license, worldwide, in perpetuity. This means that you can use a purchased clip once in your movie, commercial, industrial, etc., but that clip would remain with your project forever. A second use, whether it’s for a promo, commercial, trailer, etc., would require a second purchase. Also, you may not give or sell the footage to others. This would violate the contract and you may become liable.
- What are property rights and what do I have to be aware of?Certain properties are privately owned and/or trademarked. Therefore, images of these properties cannot be used for television or Internet broadcast, for theatrical presentation or in any other medium without the express written consent of that property’s owner. Examples of such properties would be the Hollywood Sign, the Tower of London or the Shard London. When you purchase shots of these places, we are selling you a one-time use right of the footage, not the right to the property/trademark/copyright depicted in the footage.
- Do you upscale your 4K footage?No. We make it a point to produce our footage at 4K or 5k so that the images are true 4K/UHD. Some of our footage is produced at 1080 HD, but it is always labeled as 1080 only.
- I have aerial footage. Can I sell it here?Absolutely. Please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly. We offer competitive royalties and we know that a happy producer is a lasting producer.